BABIES 1 – WEDNESDAY 22nd JULY 2020.
Welcome to Wacky Wednesday one and all from Miss Kate, Miss Lilly and Miss Olivia on this busy day! CRAZY HAIR day was lots of fun and well done to our Babies for participating to collect money for the well-earned cause being cystic fibrosis! We thank you all for your support! 😊
Today Miss Lilly welcomed our friends before Miss Kate joined us as well as Miss Olivia to help today! The children are learning independence skills at mealtimes as they practice feeding themselves with great coordination skills! 😊
We offered free play to respect the child’s agency which basically means their choices of what toys they want to play with and these included –
- Animal puzzles to extend fine motor skills and concentration spans.
- Home corner for our imaginative play and role play.
- Rattles to practice cause and effect and cognitive development.
- Castle set for fine motor physical skills and social development.
- Spontaneous singing throughout the day to increase language and learning.
- Conversational back and forth reading on a one-to-one basis as a proven strategy to increase vocabulary.
- Outside play with Miss Lilly included the sandpit, bubbles, duplo blocks and rocking dinosaurs to keep us entertained.
Thank you for a wonderful day Babies 1 – Miss Kate, Miss Lilly and Miss Olivia. ♥ ♥ ♥