Good afternoon everybody! Today we welcomed Asher and Zander back to Riversdale after being away on a cruise – how exciting. They settled well into their new Pre-Kindy room throughout the course of the day. We also had our Arakan self-defence/martial arts class start back today – the children were so very excited to take part and listened quite well to Mr Daniel’s instructions – lots of great interaction all round. Maia and Jaxon seemed especially thrilled.
During indoor play-based activity time, the children engaged with the following:
– Jaxon brought in lots of toy cars and trucks from home to share with the children. Oli, Marlie, Maia, Asher, Zander, Kaylee and Chi were all involved in lots of imaginary play -making tooting horn sounds and engine sounds. Thanks for being a great sharer Jaxon!
– Ivy, Indi and Ellie were very busy at the craft corner cutting long strips of wiggly paper into smaller pieces, as well as sticking an assortment of sequins and confetti onto paper
Other fun, spontaneous activities today included:
– Playdough with loose parts (wooden sticks, smooth black stones and assorted seashells)
– Group drawing with textas
– Plastic pegs and pegboards – Zander made a capital “A” design for his brother Asher
– Dress ups and kitchen corner: Chi said she wanted to be a “mummy” and make a yummy dinner, whilst Ellie was a doctor who tended to Miss Livia’s sore head
– Forming human “trains” and chugging around the classroom