Good afternoon to all our Pre-Kindy families. Boy it has been a warm and humid day today! We have made sure that all the children have been kept well hydrated to help counteract this and had an extended indoor playing period to avoid the worst of the heat outside. We would like to welcome Harvey and Lily to our room today – it is fantastic to have you both join our circle of friends!
As a means for all families to get to know each other and the centre a little better, I would like to let you all know that we have a “Bushfire Fund Raiser” and “Welcome BBQ” this Thursday, between 5-6 pm outside in the playground. We hope that families will buy some raffle tickets to win our great “Aussie Day” hamper, which will be drawn at the event, and/or donate a gold coin to the charity you connect with most (WIRES, NSW Rural Fire Service or Beyond Blue – Fire Support). We very much hope to see you all on Thursday night!
During morning tea, we discussed sharks, and Miss Donna passed around some replica shark’s teeth for the children to examine. The children were quite fascinated. We then had group time that consisted of action songs and dancing, including “Baby Shark” and “Freeze Song”.
Following this, the following play-based learning opportunities were either chosen by the children or made available:
- Building an extended railway track and adding lots of wooden accessories (Lily and Jaxon’s choice)
- Playing with playdough and adding extra glitter and sparkly shapes (Ivy, Asher and Zander’s choice)
- Making shapes and patterns with multicoloured pegs and peg boards
- Colour matching onto coloured laminated sheets with coloured teddies and insects
- Playing with cars, trucks and boats (William and Harvey’s choice)
We also really enjoyed listening to the storybook “There was an old bloke who swallowed a chook”, which is a very Australian version of “There was an old lady who swallowed a fly”…it had the children in stitches, laughing about the antics of the “old bloke”!
Until tomorrow everyone, have a great night and keep cool! Love Miss Donna and Miss Dominique x