Hello to all our families and carers – welcome to terrific Tuesday! First of all, I would like to welcome our newest friends today – Maia and William. We hope you had a lovely day here today in the Pre-Kindy room.
We belatedly celebrated William’s 3rd birthday today with lots of yummy cupcakes and two rounds of singing “Happy birthday to you”. We truly hope you had a beautiful day William 🙂
We had lots of fun this morning out in the sandpit, where all the children tried to bury Miss Donna’s legs and turn her into a mermaid. This was quickly followed by Chi, Ella, Kaylee, Ellie, Jaxon and Indi all doing the same to their own legs…it was lots of fun!
Once indoors, we enjoyed some of the following play-based activities and group time experiences –
- Group story time – Today we enjoyed sharing two large story books – “Spotty Sam” and “The Silliest Scarecrow” – Oli and Marlie were very taken with the “Spotty Sam” story, and during free play time, they covered each other in lots of clear coloured discs to replicate Sam’s bout of Chickenpox – a great, spontaneous extension of learning
- Ellie, Indi, Ivy, Kaylee and Zahra had lots of fun finger painting and creating butterfly prints on paper – lots of sensory fun
- Jaxon, Ivy and William really enjoyed manipulating and pummelling the playdough today, especially when glitter was added to it!
- Sunni and Maia played beautifully together for most of the day – helping each other to complete various puzzles, to construct with the Stickle Bricks, and to cuddle and pat baby dolls to sleep
- Chi made some fabulous large Lego towers and houses – great engineering Chi!
We hope you enjoy the photos that provide you with a snapshot of your child’s time with us here today.
Until tomorrow, take care everyone! Much love, Miss Simona and Miss Donna xxxx